Monday, January 19, 2009

Cherry Chicken

I made this for dinner a couple of days ago when some friends were coming over. I altered a recipe I found in a cookbook I have. It was very good. Everybody asked for the recipe, so here it is. I made it in the crockpot so it was ready when I got home from work.

3 pounds chicken (I used boneless skinless breasts, but you could use whatever you have.)
1/8 teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
Dash lemon pepper
Dash garlic powder
Dash onion powder
1 can cherry pie filling (I used no sugar added pie filling.)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
1/8 teaspoon ground mace (If you don't have mace you could use a touch of cinnamon, but the flavor will be a little different.)

Season the chicken with salt, pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Brown the chicken over medium heat on both sides.

In a 3 quart slow cooker, combine the pie filling, lemon juice, bouillon, and mace. Stir well.
Add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is no longer pink.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This was really good. I'm making it for my family.