Monday, July 30, 2012

Oreo Truffles (Just 3 Ingredients)

I first got this recipe from a co-worker, just by word of mouth, no written instructions.  Since then I've seen the recipe in a number of places. These are truly delicious and sort of addictive. Very easy to make, especially if you've had practice dipping chocolates. Makes about 3 dozen.

1 package Oreo cookies (Don't use doublestuff, but you can use mint or any flavor.)
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
Almond bark for dipping, either vanilla or chocolate

Put the package of whole Oreos into a gallon zipper bag and pound with rolling pin until well broken up. (Or use your food processor.)
Put the cream cheese into a large bowl. Dump in the mashed Oreos and mix well.
Place a teaspoonful of the mixture into your hand and roll into a little ball. Then put it onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. (I use my tiny ice cream scoop.) Repeat with the rest of the mixture.  Put into the freezer for at least 15 to 20 minutes, until very cold or even frozen.
Melt the almond bark. Dip the balls one at a time into the almond bark. Then place them back onto the waxed paper. Put into the freezer until the chocolate sets, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Store in the refrigerator or freezer.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog... it is so great!! Now I can get all of your amazing recipes!!!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

Ack! It didn't work the first time. Ok, here goes again:

These are so yummy! But I wanted to say that when I made these, I DID use the DoubleStuf Oreos. I just used about half the cream cheese. About 4-5 oz - not sure exactly because I didn't measure. I must've got that from you - haha!
Anyway, mine also turned out great! :)