Thursday, August 20, 2009

Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

One of my friends was bemoaning the fact that they can't buy this dressing in the grocery store. So I decided I needed to figure out how to make it. Here's my version. It's great on salad. We also enjoyed it on chips as a dip, although it's not quite thick enough for dip.

1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pkg Dry (unmixed) Ranch Dressing Mix (I used Hidden Valley)
3 fresh, chopped Tomatillos
1 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
6 stalks fresh green onions, white and green, chopped
2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
3 teaspoons sugar
1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
Juice from 1 lime
Mix buttermilk, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Stir in Ranch Dressing Mix. Add the tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, garlic, sugar, and jalapeno. Mix well. Stir in sugar and lime juice. Mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Serve on burritos, salad, or with chips.

No comments: