Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oatmeal Applesauce Cookies

Rebecca requested my oatmeal cookie recipe. So here it is. Enjoy!
I've been making these cookies forever. This is the best oatmeal cookie I've found. I got the original recipe from a ward cookbook of my mother's. I then changed a few things and this is the result. If you try it, I'm sure you'll like it.

1 Cup Shortening
2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Cups Applesauce
1 Cup Nuts (Optional)
1 Cup Raisins (Optional)
2 Cups Chocolate Chips (Optional)
4 Cups Flour
2 Cup Oatmeal (Use whatever you have. I like Old Fashioned.)
2 tsp Soda
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cloves

Beat shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat well. Mix dry ingredients, including oatmeal in separate bowl. Add applesauce and dry ingredients. Mix well. Add Nuts, Raisins, Chocolate Chips, if desired. Mix together.
Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes, or until light brown and set. Cool.

No comments: