Friday, July 6, 2012

Mini Cheddar Meat Loaves


I like these a lot. I make them and freeze them unbaked. Then I have an easy dinner when I want them. I just thaw in the microwave or fridge, then bake as instructed. The secret is in the sauce.
 Ingredients:
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound lean ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

Directions:
1. In a bowl, beat the egg and milk. Stir in cheese, oats,
onion and salt. Add beef and mix well. Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. baking dish.
2. Combine ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until
the meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.

Makes 8 little meat loaves
I was in a hurry, so I just formed the meatloaf into a patty and cooked it in a skillet.  Yum!

No comments: