Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lasagne

I will have to say that I'm a little bit picky about my lasagne.   Really I'm a LOT picky about my lasagne.  So this is THE recipe that I use.  I've been making this lasagne for many many years.  So many years that I had to update some of the ingredients because some of the original ingredients are just no longer available.  As lasagnes go it's pretty easy to make.  So if you're a little bit picky about lasagne try this one.  This also freezes well if you have leftovers.
 This is ABSOLUTELY my favorite dish.

Lasagna
1 pound ground beef
1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
1/2 pound lasagna noodles
2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown ground beef in skillet.  Remove from heat.  (If you’re not using extra lean ground beef, drain and rinse with hot water.)  Add pasta sauce to the meat.  (I use meat flavored, marinara, or traditional.)  Mix well.
Boil lasagna noodles in salt water until al dente.  Drain.
In a medium bowl stir together cottage cheese, beaten egg, pepper, and parsley flakes.
Place half of noodles in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.  Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top of the noodles. This will be a thin layer.  Then layer half of the meat mixture.  Top with half of the mozzarella.  Repeat the layers.  Ending with mozzarella on top.
Bake at 375° for 30 min.
Makes 8 servings.
          (I actually use more mozzarella than this.  I like a nice thick layer of cheese on top.)

No comments: