Monday, March 2, 2009

Frozen Fruit Salad

This is the recipe for the salad I took to school. It's really delicious and easy to make. I love having it in my freezer, so that I can have just 1 serving when I want a fruit salad treat. It's yummy enough to be dessert.

1 Pint whipping cream
2 Cups sour cream
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 1/2 Cups sugar
dash of salt
4 bananas, diced
1 small bottle maraschino cherries, chopped (about 2/3 cup)
1 can crushed pineapple, drained (20 ounces)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) I didn't add these

Whip the cream until soft peaks form. (The peaks need to hold their shape.) Blend in the sour cream. Add lemon juice, salt, and sugar.
Fold in the remaining ingredients.

Spoon into paper lined muffin tins and freeze. After they are frozen, you can store them in plastic bags.

Makes 30 to 36 servings.

The foil cupcake papers don't stick as much as the paper liners, but you can use either.

If you get 36 servings, they are 3 points each. Use Splenda and they are 2 points each.

No comments: