Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hamburger Soup

I love this soup! It's delicious and very filling. I've been making it for so many years, I can't remember how I came up with the recipe. I've given it to other people who also like it a lot. I make it in my pressure cooker. Very fast that way. It's kind of my "go to" recipe since I always have the ingredients and it's quick and easy.

1 lb hamburger

¼ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder, divided
¼ tsp lemon pepper
½ tsp seasoned salt
2 medium potatoes, diced
4 medium carrots, sliced
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 quart tomato juice
¼ tsp sweet basil
½ tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Put hamburger in dutch oven. Sprinkle with onion powder, ¼ tsp garlic powder, lemon pepper, and seasoned salt. Stir and fry until browned.
Add potatoes, carrots, and celery. Cover with water and cook until vegetables are tender.
Drain the water off. Add the tomato juice, sweet basil, oregano, the rest of the garlic powder, and the salt and pepper. Heat through.
Serve. You can garnish with shredded cheese, sliced green onions, or fresh Basil leaves.

(You could cook it in the crockpot all day in the water. Then drain the water, add the tomato juice and heat through after the vegetables get cooked.) 1 point for a 1 cup serving.

No comments: