Sunday, November 15, 2009

Meatloaf Burgers

My mom taught me how to make these. I'm not much of a hamburger eater. It has to be very good for me to enjoy it. I rarely cook hamburger patties. But I like these and eat them fairly often. Very easy and quick. They freeze well after mixed and then you can thaw and cook for a quick meal. I serve with roasted potatoes or hashbrowns and whatever veggie I'm in the mood for.

1 pound extra lean hamburger
1/2 cup chili sauce (You can use catsup, but it's not quite as good)
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients until well combined. Shape into 4 patties; and grill 7 minutes on each side until done. Serve with catsup or barbeque sauce.
(I sometimes use half catsup and half chili sauce.)

No comments: