Monday, February 2, 2009

Lemon Frozen Yogurt

Fat free frozen yogurt. YUM! This stuff is a delicious treat and guilt free!

1 carton (32 oz) plain yogurt (I use fat free)
1 2/3 cups sugar (I use Splenda – only about 1 1/3 cup)
1/3 cup lemon juice (I just use all the juice from the lemon)
1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel (I just use the whole lemon)
4 drops yellow food coloring, optional

In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, and peel. Mix well. Stir in food coloring if desired. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. Allow to ripen or firm up in the refrigerator/ freezer for at least 2-4 hours before serving. (I don’t let it ripen. I like it fresh.)

Yield 5 cups
Points = whatever the yogurt is if you use Splenda.

No comments: